Pecan Chia Seed Shortbread Cookies August 30 2016
These Pecan Chia Seed Shortbread Cookies are thick, chewy & have the perfect ... company, & it was overall coarser with bits of sliced pecans with a subtle hint of cinnamon.
Serves: 24 cookies
Duration: 20 mins
- 240g ground mixed nuts
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 110 pecans, toasted and chopped
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 60ml coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- In a large bowl combine ground almonds, desiccated coconut, salt, baking soda, chia seeds and pecans
- In a smaller bowl, mix together honey, coconut oil, and vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Once the mixture has formed into a dough, leave to slightly set in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Using the palms of your hands, create a ball slightly larger than a gold ball and flatten it into a disc.
- Place all the discs onto a baking tray which has a greaseproof paper on top, making sure to leave plenty of place between each cookie.
- Bake at 175°C until lightly golden, for around 10 - 13 minutes
- Remove the cookies from the oven and leave to cool.
- Serve with a good cuppa tea and enjoy!
Author: Charleh Dickinson